Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From years gone by...

Well....it isn't looking too good for icebergs this year, although I do have a tiny bit of hope ...the air certainly feels like there is an iceberg or two floating around out there. A quick check of www.icebergfinger.com says different though....so I'm trying to not get my hopes up (well...ok..perhaps a little).

Here are a couple of icebergs pics that I am reposting....they are from two years ago. That was our first year here, and we were (well...mostly me lol) in awe of them. There were a lot that year and I named them all (all names starting with "I")....which made my kids think I'd inhaled too much salt air. I remember Jake asked me, "If ever an iceberg comes in that isn't yours, could I have it? I'd really like to have one of my own." LOL

Anyway....here are a couple we saw from our backyard.

*Click to enlarge them*.....they're so much nicer!

This one is Iqbal....and I have this as my desktop pic




Oh my...I forget this one's name....but it started with I...hmm...maybe Igor?



Stay tuned....if I do spot any....I'll be sure to post them here.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sheldon says there's snow in the forecast for tomorrow. I'm hoping he and/or the forecast are wrong.

Renee said...

I enjoy looking at these so much...so glad you like sharing your corner of the world with us..it feels like Joel and I go on a mini vacation everytime we sit and view your photos..

At Home on the Rock... said...

Oh no, Jacqueline...I hope they are wrong too! (although....out west has had some pretty large snow falls lately...so perhaps it is headed our way)

At Home on the Rock... said...

Renee....I'm so glad you enjoy my photos...I love taking them and sharing them on here. I hope to get around the province a bit more and take some other shots. There are so many different landscapes here...and they're all so interesting.

Molytail said...

It's been such a weird winter..I wouldn't be surprised if your icebergs acted strangely...

Those are lovely photos!

[our snow is gone! it went from completely burying us one weekend, to a high of 24C the next!!]

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photos are wonderful and there is a certain moody sadness to them that I like very much. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary