Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home again

Well...the first semester of college is over for Tyler and he made his way home for the Christmas break.

He was up at 4 a.m. in anticipation of his long day ahead. 6 a.m. saw him calling for a taxi, which took him to the train station. He took the train into Union Station (Toronto). From there, he caught a shuttle bus which took him to the Ferry. The Ferry took him to the Toronto Island Airport where he caught his plane home to St. John's (after stopping in Ottawa and Halifax).

It was a long day for all of us. The last day of the Farmers' Market for the season, meant it was a busy one. That was good as it distracted me from a day of total worry. I must admit though, I became one of those people who are constantly watching/using their Blackberry. He'd text me after he successfully made each connection. Not until he reached the Toronto Island Airport did he request I call him. Nothing major...just unsure what to do next.

Lots of brand new experiences for him as he's never flown before or had to maneuver around in Toronto on his own.

After the market was finished, we returned home for supper and to make his requested meal of macaroni and cheese. Brittney had spent some of her day making brownies for him.

After a quick on-line check of the flight status, it was finally time to head to the airport. As we waited we waited in the observation deck, we were able to see his plane land.

Jake eagerly (and I mean dancing around with great enthusiasm eagerly!!! ;)) awaited for his brother to appear. At around 7:00 a tired but relieved looking Tyler appeared at the gate. Jake ran and jumped into his brother's arms...almost knocking him to the ground.

Great to have you back, Ty!


Renee said...

Oh how exciting and fun for your family...Yahoo!!...He is home! Have a wonderful Christmas celebration!!

Fashion for Breakfast said...

What a sweet post! How was your Christmas?

At Home on the Rock... said...

Thanks, Fashion for Breakfast. Christmas was kind of mixed. It was great to have Tyler (our eldest son) home from school. We all enjoyed having him back and just hanging out with him for the three weeks he was here. Christmas has always been important to me though, a real family day. Members of our extended family pulled another "stunt" on us though and then took joy in rubbing our face in it. That kind of cast a shadow over it, but other than that it was good.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)