Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gorgeous Day on The Rock

It was simply beautiful here today (sorry, no pictures, you'll just have to take my word). The sun was shining brightly, not a cloud in the sky and wow.....was the sky ever blue!!! We're just not used of that shade of blue....the sky we're used of is more a shade of .......ummmm..... hazy brown (even on the good days).

It felt much warmer than the 2 degrees the thermometer said but...who are we to argue with a thermometer??? Larry and I walked back behind our house, down to the ocean. The ocean was sooo blue too and quite calm. It looked like a nice summer day on a a beach (except there was more rock ;-)). We walked to the lower spot and then up to the higher spot. Most days, we still have to pinch ourselves that we're actually here.....living on the ocean (the local people here call it "the water" and I think they think we're a bit strange for calling it "the ocean" however....when I hear them call it "the water" I have to fight the urge to not jump up and down exclaiming like an excited child, "BUT IT'S THE OCEAN.....THE ATLANTIC OCEAN...")

Oh....and we're still keeping watch for an iceberg. We all seem to get pretty excited over the odd chunk of sea ice floating around.....I'm not sure we'll be able to handle actually seeing a real iceberg......but I've got my camera ready. Hopefully, we won't be disappointed.

No comments: