Monday, August 25, 2008

More Day .... (Click Pics to Enlarge)

("More Day" is what Tyler used to say when he was a little guy. It meant he was very tired and didn't want it to be over .....thus "More Day")


Swimming in the ocean...Brrrr....



A not-so-happy Jake



Looking down on the 'Warm Pools'



Looking upstream at the fresh water feed





In the water fall



Looking down the beach





Can you see Larry?



How about Larry and Brittney?



Can you see Tyler?




Tyler's in this one too...






The beach





For part of Tyler's birthday, we decided to head up to Northern Bay Sands for the day. We'd heard many good things about the park and had been trying to get there all summer. Between the crummy weather and being sick, we never made it there. We decided it would be a good thing to do for his birthday.

We headed up in fairly good time. It's about a two hour drive and we wanted to arrive in good time. We try to use things at off times in order to beat the crowds. When we got there, the park was almost empty. Tyler and Brittney hit the water immediately and Jake immediately became concerned. He was afraid they'd be sucked up by the ocean.....a fear he unfortunately had for the rest of the day. Larry quickly joined the two older kids in the water. They spent their time between the "warm pool" and the cold ocean. Larry and Brittney tended to stay in the warm pools and Tyler spent about half of time braving the cold ocean.

Seeing as Jake was so scared, I stayed with him on shore. He intently watched Tyler, Brittney and Larry....the whole time...and I mean the whole time. He also engaged me in watching them.....just to make sure none of them got sucked up by the ocean. He was constantly on patrol and if we lost sight of them for a moment....panic really set in. Finally he said to me, "Well, here's the thing. I have a good life. I really like my life. I want to continue on in my good life but I won't be able to if all my relatives are dead."
No amount of reassuring from me seemed to calm him down (he even asked me what I would do should they get sucked out into the ocean. He seemed a little surprised and a whole lot relieved when I said I'd go after them).

It was a great day though and they had a great time swimming. Tyler and Brittney noticed quite a difference between swimming in salt water and the fresh water they're used of. When they'd had enough, out they came to dry off. Jake was glad to have them all safe and sound out of the water. By this time the beach was full. Before heading home, we stopped at the park's little take out place for some Newfoundland cod fish and chips. Mmmmm....we weren't disappointed.

Everyone slept well last night......some of them slept on the way home.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Looks and sounds like a great day!

molytail said...

Finally he said to me, "Well, here's the thing. I have a good life. I really like my life. I want to continue on in my good life but I won't be able to if all my relatives are dead."

Oh my goodness, he's certainly got a way with words! ;-) Okay, I'm a horrible person - I just *know* I'd be biting my tongue not to grin if I heard those words in that way come out of a young kid's mouth. I know I know, he was truly worried - but the wording of this is just too awesome. Y'get what I'm saying? *grin*

At Home on the Rock... said...

Molytail --- LOL....yes...that's exactly the way I was....he was so serious and then came out with that....I couldn't help but chuckle to myself (I had a hard time not laughing out loud but did manage not to).

He *does* have such a way with words and these these types of situations happen often. He'll be talking about something and his way of expressing a thought will be...ummm....rather unique. We try to just smile to ourselves and most times we do but the odd time we just can't help but smile. lol

Penelope said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!

What a wonderful beach, Linda! Great photos!