Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day

Our Christmas was quiet ..... but enjoyable.

6:00 a.m. found Jake in our bedroom, standing beside our bed looking down at me. When I awoke with a start, he announced he just could not wait any longer. He went on to say, he'd been awake since 5:00 a.m. but had stayed in his room....except for a trip to the bathroom where he stopped to check out the presents (only one problem, he does not go by the living room on the way to the bathroom. Guess he must have taken the long way there ;) ). He then gave me a count of how many presents there were for each person.

Did I mention this was at 6:00 a.m.? I could barely recall my own name, let alone process everything he was telling me.

Some pictures of our Christmas.

Christmas Eve. We didn't have any cookies, so Santa and his reindeer had to settle for bananas.



On Christmas morning, we did our usual of opening the stockings first, followed by me preparing the turkey and putting it in the oven. After that was done we had breakfast...our usual Christmas morning fare...muffins and fruit. Notice the clock on the wall....it was in fact 6:40 a.m.



The pictures tell the whole story....only one of us was wide awake.




Tyler getting ready to open presents. Jake has already started. As evident by the window in the background...it was still really dark.




Tyler is starting to open his gifts, Jake is half way through his. Stuffed animals given to him by his friend, Ben.



Tyler has started, Jake is just about finished.



Brittney was pleased...a guitar book to go along with her new guitar.

4 comments:

Becky said...

If you could just figure out a way to bottle Jakes energy......
You could power the world!

Renee said...

Oh how I remmeber those days! Our granddaughter Greta went into her parents room at 12:30am this Christmas and told them she thought she had slept through Christmas morning! Her dad said, "no it is not morning yet." Her response, "But I already made my bed!!!" She slept with mom and dad til 6am when Christmas began!

Penelope said...

Looks like fun, Linda! And is it just me, or have your kids grown/changed a lot lately?

Merry (belated) Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful new year!

At Home on the Rock... said...

Penelope...ya...it's funny how they do that, isn't it? ;)