Friday, January 8, 2010

Earning My Keep



When I was young, my parents made me work .....and work hard, as evidenced by the above picture. That's me, sitting on my Dad's tractor.

Yep...driving the tractor, ploughing the fields....all in a day's work for me.

*grin*

Well...ok...so I didn't exactly have to earn my keep. I grew up on a farm and sure liked riding on the tractor with my Dad while he worked in the fields. Some jobs were more enjoyable than others....getting stuck in the mud while being eaten alive by mosquitoes was not one of the more enjoyable. Spreading manure wasn't one of the best either. But...ploughing and other field work was great.

1 comment:

Renee said...

You had me for a minute...Joel grew up on a farm and was working full days by age 12 but you looked a bit young to be driving a tractor! What a cute picture.