Monday, March 10, 2008

Six Word Memoir -- A Meme

Well, it would seem that Penelope, over at Roots and Wings has tagged me. I've often seen these types of things posted on other's blogs and thought it would be fun to play.

Here's the story behind the meme (as copied from the original post):


As I read yet another book review of a memoir this weekend, my husband told me that I should write one. I said that my story would be much too short and rather boring so when I ran across the following book I decided it was just my speed. A six word memoir! Written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure is a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn. There’s a video on Amazon with examples from the book, it sounds like a fun read! I’d like to start a six word memoir meme and here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir

2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere

4. Tag five more blogs with links

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is a lot more difficult than it seems on the surface! I had a lot of fun as I tried to come up with six words.

However......without further adieu......here is what I came up with......





Steeped in Tradition......Growing in Adventure





So....according the rules of the game I have to tag 5 other people to participate. That means, most of the people I will tag may be somewhat surprised (as I usually only lurk on other's blogs).

So....Yofed, Mama Squirrel, Amber, Laurie ....and one still be determined....you've been tagged!!

4 comments:

bookbabie said...

Love how you combine the past and the future, great memoir, thanks for playing!

Mama Squirrel said...

Oh my, this could be a hard one. But I'll give it a shot.

Penelope said...

Good job, Linda!! It suits you to a tee.

yofed said...

I obeyed you, master! Here is my answer! ;)

http://yofed.blogspot.com/2008/03/meme.html