Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One Reason We Left The GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

Here is a link to a story that hits way too close to home, for my liking.

Here is another one....just listen to the fear in the girl's voice.

This school, is located very close to the school Larry taught at.

He has actually supply/substitute taught at the school where this shooting occurred.

I have been concerned for some time now that something of this nature would happen. Many times I've heard people say these lock down drills aren't really necessary. Situations aren't really that bad.

But they are.

The stories Larry would come home with about things that had happened at school during the day, caused me to have many sleepless nights. I know there were 'events' that he didn't bother to mention to me for fear I'd not let him go back to work the next day.

These schools were in lock down for over two hours. Wow....I cannot imagine the fear the students were feeling as they sat in their classrooms, in lock down mode waiting, wondering for hours what was going on. I would think this would feel like an eternity.

OR....How about their parents? Waiting outside to hear how their child/ren are.

OR....How about staff members? Waiting to hear how their husband/wife/father/mother is?

Yep....too close to home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know You are glad to be away from there. I live in the country but the "city" seems to get closer everyday.

Jacqueline said...

Scary stuff!

molytail said...

That can go on my "top ten reasons I'll never live in Toronto" list - my husband lived there for years (from a baby until he was 23)and I've always said NEVER.

Of course - I know stuff like that doesn't necessarily respect location. In fact, this year they have instituted a new lockdown policy at the schools on the island, including Christopher's - I'm still trying to get info on this because although they sent home a link to some information online, there isn't much...