Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Fall is definitely in the air here. Tyler, Jake and I went for a walk tonight. The air was crisp and clear. We walked into the downtown core of Pouch Cove (*grin*) and stood by the bridge watching and listening to the ocean. It was absolutely roaring.....such power as the waves crashed in against the rocks. It sounded much like a freight train was coming....such power.

This time of year, the ocean seems louder to us. Not sure if this is actually true, or just in our imaginations (we'll need to check this out with people who've been here longer than us), but last fall we loved being in our house and listening to the ocean. We could hear and feel it vibrating in the house as we lay awake in bed...such a wonderful sound.

Brittney and Jake are the only lucky ones of our family to have seen a moose so far this year. Last year, we were treated to seeing two in our back yard. One of our first evenings here, I looked out a back window to see a moose eating off one of our trees! I immediately ran out on the deck to see him....he just stood there looking at me while I looked at him. He seemed to find me as interesting as I found him. He watched me, I watched him and eventually, when he'd had enough....he moved on.

Another time, I was talking on the phone to my Dad. I happened to look out the front window in time to see one walking down our driveway. Amazing! Hopefully, we'll be able to see some more this year too.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

yofed said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!