Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Culture Shock....Life on The Rock Part 2

The culture shock I mentioned here......continues.

The carpenters finished the work at our house yesterday. As I knew they were finishing up and leaving soon, I hurried to the front door. I thought I'd make it there before them....but I had misjudged. There they were, three of them, passing over our landing as they headed out the front door.

Me: "So.......are you finished now?"

C: "Yep....we're done and everything should be ok now." (as the first one walked through the door)

Me: "Ummm...o.k. Do you have a bill for us?"

C: "No, not with me."

Me: "Ummm...o.k. Will you send it to us?"

C: "Yep....I'll get one for you."

Hmmm....o.k. Now, this would not have been so surprising to us, had we given them a down payment, but we haven't. No, we have not paid them one cent......they asked for no money down, they've never mentioned payment and I'm not so sure they would have even told me they were finished if I hadn't caught them at the door.

I went down to check.....everything was completed. Super job --- everything looks fantastic. We are so pleased. They even vacuumed the floor for us.

We're waiting with interest to see when the bill will actually arrive.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Can you imagine if it was the other way around? If you'd moved from Newfoundland to Ontario? :)

At Home on the Rock... said...

Hmmm....that *would* be culture shock lol. Newfoundlanders who move to the mainland, must find it difficult to get used of.

Linda said...

I'm still waiting for my plumbers bill to arrive.